There are some interesting facts about walking canes we want to share with you in this blog. We believe that each cane is very special and unique accessory!
Interesting facts about walking canes and sticks
President George Washington used one, Oscar Wilde rarely went without one, and even Queen Victoria was seen with one a time or two. It's all about the walking cane or stick, and here are things you may not know about them.
1. Richard Valentine Pitchford, also known as the 20th century master magician Cardini, was often seen with a gold-topped walking stick during his performances. The elaborately carved walking stick sold for $11,000 at Potter & Potter Auctions in April 2013.
2. Walking sticks and canes date back to prehistoric times – often believed to have a limited purpose of providing stability and protection. They were more often a representation of ones’ status in society and involvement in cultural organizations.
3. Most sticks and canes fall into one of three major categories: Folk art, city sticks, and gadget canes (sometimes called system canes or “secret sticks” as they include a space to hide or store something).
4. Material used to make walking sticks and canes include porcelain, hand carved wood, ivory, glass, bakelite, ebony, Wedgewood, narwhal tusk, and gems, among other things.
5. Famous folks noted for their appreciation of walking sticks and canes include Oscar Wilde, President George Washington, King Henry VII, Queen Victoria, and Napoleon Bonaparte.
6. The most frequent type of walking cane handles are the tourist (inverted “J” shape), derby (appears in the shape of a wave), opera (inverted “L” shape), fritz (similar to a derby), offset (in the shape of the number 7), T shape, and the knob (round shaped handle).
7. During the archeological study of Egyptian Pharaoh King Tutankhamun’s tomb researchers found 130 walking sticks and canes inside.
Introducing our exquisite Wooden Walking Stick Horse Designer Cane, a perfect accessory for both men and women who appreciate fine craftsmanship and elegant design. This hand-carved masterpiece is a fusion...
These distinctive walking canes are available in a wide range of sizes, designs, colors, and textures to offer something suitable for everyone’s unique sense of fashion. We specializes in high-grade...